21 Day Fix is an amazing program that will get you great results. First off if you are just going through the workout program you don't have to follow the container based system you can go with any nutritional plan you want including keto or just low carb. Also 2B mindset might be a good option with some tips and tricks that can even help you with Keto.
Using 21 Day Fix Containers for Keto is tough, but can be possible. Simply eliminate the yellow container as a carb replacing with a healthy fat and only green vegetables. Also replace Shakeology with a low carb meal replacement shake like Isopure or FitMiss Delight Protein Powder.
It really is that easy replace any high Net carb option with a lower Net carb option. Below we go into details on low carb replacements for the containers along with the actual opinions of people using 21 Day Fix and also doing Keto based nutrition.
If you would like to see the Best Keto Friendly Shakeology Replacements just CLICK HERE!
|Best Keto MRP||Best Keto Shakeology Replacements||Check Price||Type|
|Top||Keto Science Ketogenic Meal Shake||Check Price||Budget Friendly|
|Top||SlimFast Keto Meal Replacement||Check Price||Brand Name|
|Top||FitMiss Delight Keto Protein Powder||Check Price||For Wemen|
|Top||Cheesecake Keto Meal Replacement Shake||Check Price||High Quality|
21 Day Low Carb And Keto Food List
The macro distribution for 21 Day Fix normally is 40% carbs, 30% Protein and 30% Fat where a normal keto is 70% Fats, 5% Carbs and 25% protein. If you have been doing keto going up to 10% carbs you should still be fine when you are first starting out and looking to get into ketosis you want to be most strict. So below we will be going through the containers with a list of low carb and also higher fat options.
Green Container (Veggies)
- Brussels sprouts
- Green Beans
- Peppers (red and green)
- Swiss chard
- Avocado (technically a fruit)
Purple Container (Fruits)
- Star Fruit
Red Container (Protein)
- New York Strip Steak
- Rib Eye Steak
- Pork Belly
- Lamb Chops
- Chicken Thighs
- T-Bone Steak
- Porterhouse Steak
- Babyback Ribs
Yellow and Blue Container (Fats)
- Cheese sticks
- Brick of cheese
- Slice Cheese
- Cheese Curds
- Cheddar and Mozzarella cheese
- Cottage Cheese
Orange Containers (Seeds and Condiments)
- Sunflower Seed
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Peanut Butter
- Flax seed
- Hot Sauce
- Source Cream
- Sugar Free BBQ Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- All natural no sugar added ketchup
- Soy Sauce
- Steak Sauce
- Italian Dressing
21 Day Fix While Doing Keto
We didn't want you to only take our word for it on doing Keto while going through the 21 Day Fix program and thoughts on the container. So we went out and scoured the internet to get the opinions of those that are using BOD and 21 Day Fix while following a keto nutritional plan. This information was curated so nothing was changed except any spelling and grammar where needed.
Real BOD Users
1. Valerie “Skip containers go full Keto” – Yes I’m Keto & it’s great! I have more energy than I ever had. Weight fell right off. I had better results on Keto then the containers
2. Kristen “Start with IF and Low Carb” – I do IF. I don't eat until 11am and don't eat after 7pm. Also doing low carb rather than the containers and I'm doing 21 DF.
3. Kathy “Whatever works for you” – 2B Mindset is a good program. I liked the containers but 2B Mindset seems more real with my life. If Leto has worked for you in the past, you might just stick with that. I have seen people using all different nutrition programs while doing the Beachbody workout. It’s really what works for you.
4. Angela “Keto for sure” – I love being on keto. It is not a diet but a way of life.. If keto worked for you stay with that. The containers are not for everyone because no one person is the same..
5. John “Containers not Keto” – First, it’s not keto because keto is not a balanced (or often sustainable) way of eating. Containers are like “macros for dummies.” They set you in an approximate calorie range and macro ratio (most are 40/30/30)
7. John “Mainly focus on portion control” – Keto is not magic, and going back to a balanced, normal diet will not be problematic. As long as calories are equated you won’t see fat gain. With that said you may see some weight gain, but that will just be gaining back those “bonus keto pounds” you lost through losing water weight.
80% of people that used 21 Day Fix found it impossible to stick to Keto using the containers which is a terrible ratio. So if it gets hard just focus on the Keto side with the macro percentages and overall calories.
If you are eating 3,000 calories all keto, but only supposed to be having 1,2000 calories a day you will still gain weight. So focus on Macros first if that works if not add in overall calories. Most people can't eat that much on Keto, but unfortunately I am not one of those. I can overeat on almost any diet so I have to keep track of overall calories.
Once you do this for 3-4 weeks you really will get the hang of it and not have to pay attention until you plateau.