The Beachbody program, 21 Day Fix, is designed to help people get in shape quickly. It's a great way to lose weight and get fit. The main focus of this article is on the Beachbody Food and Shopping List that come with the program. You'll learn what you should eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and more!
First We will be going over the food list than the shopping with everything being printable.
New Updates To The Food List For 21 Day Fix
Yes they have finally updated the list of food for each container. Some of the new foods include Mayo, Bone, Beef, Chicken Broth, along with butter and applesauce.
The 21 Day Fix meals are all high in nutrition. The top of the list includes the most nutritious 21 Day Fix authorized dishes. Consume the 21 Day Fix foods listed at the top of each container for optimum results. Here's how many containers you can have of each.
• Kale, cooked or raw • Watercress, cooked or raw • Collard greens, cooked or raw • Spinach, cooked or raw • Brussels sprouts, chopped or 5 medium • Broccoli, chopped • Asparagus, 10 large spears • Beets, 2 medium • Tomatoes, chopped, cherry, or 2 medium • Tomatillos, chopped or 3 medium • Pumpkin (regular or West Indian), chopped • Squash (summer), sliced • Chayote squash, chopped • Winter squash (all varieties), cubed • String beans • Peppers, sweet, sliced • Poblano chiles, chopped • Banana peppers, 3 medium • Carrots, sliced or 10 medium baby • Cauliflower, chopped • Artichokes, ½ large • Eggplant, ½ medium •Okra • Cactus (nopales), sliced • Jicama, sliced • Snow peas • Cabbage, chopped • Cucumbers • Celery • Lettuce (NOT iceberg) • Mushrooms • Radishes •Onions, chopped • Sprouts • Bamboo shoots • Salsa, freshly made or Pico de Gallo, ½ cup • Vegetable broth, 2 cups
Raspberries • Blueberries • Blackberries • Strawberries • Pomegranate, 1 small • Guava, 2 medium • Starfruit, 2 medium • Passion fruit, 3 fruits • Watermelon, chopped • Cantaloupe, chopped • Orange, divided into sections or 1 medium • Bitter orange, 1 medium • Tangerine, 2 small • Apple, sliced or 1 small • Apricots, 4 small • Grapefruit, divided into sections or ½ large • Cherries • Grapes • Kiwifruit, 2 medium • Mango, sliced • Peach, sliced or 1 large • Plum, 2 small • Nectarine, sliced or 1 large • Pear, sliced or 1 large • Pineapple, diced • Banana, ½ large • Green banana, ½ large • Dwarf red banana, 1 extra small • Breadfruit, 1/8 small • Papaya, chopped • Figs, 2 small • Honeydew melon, chopped • Pumpkin puree, 2/3 cup • Salsa, store bought • Tomato sauce, plain or marinara • Applesauce, unsweetened, ¾ cup
Sardines (fresh or canned in water), 7 medium • Boneless, skinless chicken or turkey breast, cooked, chopped •Duck breast, cooked, chopped • Squab, cooked, chopped • Goat, cooked, chopped • Lean ground chicken or turkey (≥ 93% lean), cooked • Fish, fresh water (catfish, tilapia, trout), cooked, flaked • Fish, cold water, wild-caught (cod, salmon, halibut, tuna, mahi mahi), cooked, flaked • Game: buffalo (bison, ostrich, venison, rabbit), cooked, chopped • Game: lean ground (≥ 95% lean), cooked, chopped • Eggs, 2 large or egg whites, 8 large • Greek yogurt, plain, 1% • Kefir, plain 2%, 1 cup • Yogurt, plain, 2% • Shellfish (shrimp, crab, lobster), cooked • Clams, canned, drained • Octopus, cooked, chopped • Squid, cooked, chopped • Red meat, extra-lean, cooked, chopped • Lean ground red meat (≥ 95% lean), cooked • Shakeology®, 1 scoop • Tempeh • Tofu, firm • Pork tenderloin, chopped,cooked • Tuna, canned light in water, drained • Turkey slices,* fat-free, 6 slices • Ham slices,* fat-free, 6 slices • Ricotta cheese, light • Cottage cheese, 2% • Protein powder (whey, hemp, rice, pea), 1½ scoops (approx. 42 g depending on variety) • Veggie burger, 1 medium patty • Turkey bacon,* reduced-fat, 4 slices • Beef-based broth, 8 cup
Sweet potato, chopped • Yams (regular, white, tropical [batata]), chopped • Plantains, sliced or ½ medium •Quinoa, cooked • Beans (kidney, black, garbanzo, white, lima, fava, pink, pigeon [gandules], etc.), cooked, drained • Lentils, cooked, drained • Edamame, shelled • Cassava (yuca), 2 ounces • Peas • Refried beans, nonfat • Brown rice, cooked • Wild rice, cooked • Potato, mashed or ½ medium • Corn on the cob, 1 ear • Amaranth, cooked • Millet, cooked • Buckwheat, cooked • Barley, cooked • Bulgur, cooked •Oatmeal, steel-cut, cooked •Oatmeal, rolled, cooked • Hominy, cooked • Pasta, whole-grain, cooked • Couscous, whole wheat, cooked • Crackers, whole-grain, 8 small crackers • Cereal, whole-grain, low sugar • Bread, whole-grain, 1 slice • Pita bread, whole wheat, 1 small (4-inch) • Waffles, whole-grain, 1 waffle • Pancakes, whole-grain, 1 small (4-inch) • English muffin, whole-grain, ½ muffin • Bagel, whole-grain, ½ small (3-inch) • Tortilla, whole wheat, 1 small (6-inch) • Tortilla, corn, 2 small (6-inch) • Applesauce, sweetened, ¾ cup • Chicken-based broth, 4 cups
Avocado, mashed or ¼ medium •12 almonds, whole, raw • 8 cashews, whole, raw • 14 peanuts, whole, raw • 20 pistachios, whole, raw • 10 pecan halves, raw • 8 walnut halves, raw • Hummus • Coconut milk, canned •Feta cheese, crumbled •Goat cheese, crumbled • Mozzarella (low-moisture), shredded • Cheddar, shredded • Provolone, shredded • Monterey jack, shredded • Parmesan, shredded • Cotija cheese, crumbled •Oaxaca cheese, crumbled •Queso fresco, crumbled
Pumpkin seeds, raw • Sunflower seeds, raw • Sesame seeds, raw • Flaxseed, ground • Chia seeds, 4 tsp. • Pine Nuts • Olives, 10 medium • Peanuts • Coconut, unsweetened, shredded • 21 Day Fix® DRESSINGS
Extra-virgin olive oil • Extra-virgin coconut oil • Flaxseed oil • Walnut oil • Pumpkin seed oil • Cacao Nibs • Nut butters (peanut, almond, cashew, etc.) • Seed butters (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame [tahini]) • Butter • Mayo
• THE WATER BAR • Lemon and lime juice • Vinegars • Mustard • Herbs such as parsley, cilantro (fresh and dry) • Spices (except salt) • Garlic • Ginger • Green onion • Chile varieties (jalapenos, serrano, ancho, cascabel, pasilla, guajillo, habanero, etc.) • Hot sauce (Tabasco or Mexican only) • Flavor extracts (pure vanilla, peppermint, almond, etc.) • Achiote paste • 21 Day Fix SEASONING MIXES
Nothing has really changed when it comes to calculating your calories and containers which is good.
The Ultimate portion fix is where it is at and Autumn Calabrese has really done her research. Other things she talks about on the BODi subscription is low carb, carb cycling, timed nutrition, intermittent fasting, counting macros, keto and even how she eats every day.
Grocery Shopping For 21 Day Fix (Ultimate Portion Control)
Well you can't exactly bring your containers with you to shop. So here are some quick tips and even a sample grocery shopping list for 21 Day Fix Containers.
- Go with easy fruit you can snack with on the go or anywhere like apples, oranges, bananas, blueberries, raspberries, along with plums and peaches.
- Carry sandwich bags of nuts, walnuts, almonds put them everywhere so when you are hungry you snack on them healthy. All you have to do it fill the container and dump into the bag so you know how much to eat.
- The egg cups are great for those busy morning we make them up. We also cheat and go with the crack an egg. Just throw an egg in and put in the microwave.
- Get lots of colorful vegetables for your salad to make it more appealing. There are a variety packs of peppers that are very bright and go well with cobb salad.
- If you like rice cook it in bulk same goes for quinoa which we love.
- Don't be afraid to meal prep in the crockpot especially with things like sweet potatoes
- Hard boiled eggs are great if you haven't yet and have an instant pot hard boil your eggs in there. All you need to do is set it to high for 5 minutes, let it naturally release for 5 minutes then put in ice water for 5 minutes. So easy and never easier to peal then with this recipe.
- Steaming bags are a life saver just get mixed veggies throw into the microwave for 5-6 minutes and that's it. They are still pretty cheap too.
- If you can get pre washed or already cut up fruit for on the go. Or go picking for blueberries and strawberries on your own so you can get them in bulk then cutup and freeze for later use.
- Canned Tuna and Chicken goes great in salad very easy to open and toss in
- Go off in the deli section with the meats and rotisserie chickens. These are great quick snacks or meals.
Sample Shopping List
Kale, Collards, Brussel, Sprouts, Broccoli, Asparagus, Beets, Tomatoes, Squash, String Beans, Peppers, Carrots, Cauliflower, Artichockes, Eggplant, Okra, Jicama, Snow Peas, Cabbage, Cucumbers, Celery, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Radishes, Onions, Sprouts
Rasberries, blueberries, startberries, watermelon, canteloupe, orange, tangerine, apple, apricots, grapefruit, cherries, grapes, kiwi fruit, mango, peach, nectarine, pear, pineapple, banana, papaya, figs, honeydew, melon
Sardines, chicken breast, turkey breast, ground chicken, ground turkey, wild fish, wild game, eggs, greek yogurt, shakeology, shellfish, clams, lean red meat, ground beef (lean), tempeh, tofu, pork tenderloin, tuna, turkey slices, ham slices, ricotta cheese, 2% cottage cheese, protein powder, veggie burger, turkey bacon
Yellow Container: Sweet potato, yams, quinoa, beans, lentils, edamame, peas, refried beans, brown rice, potato, fresh corn, amaranth, millet, buckwheat, barley, bulgur, steel-cut oats, organic rolled oats, corn tortilla, (All needs to be whole grain for the following: Pasta, Couscous, Crackers, Cereal, Bread, Pita Bread, Waffles, Pancakes, English Muffin, Bagel, Tortilla
Avocado, almonds, cashews, peanuts, pistachios, pecans, walnuts, hummus, coconut milk, feta cheese, goat cheese, mozzarella, cheddar, provolone, Monterey jack, parmesan
Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seed, sesame seeds, flaxseed, olives, peanuts, coconut
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, extra virgin coconut oil, flaxseed oil, walnut oil, pumpkin seed oil, nut butters, seed butters
21 Day Fix All Vegan Food List
Fruits Purple Container:
• Raspberries • Blueberries • Blackberries • Strawberries • Pomegranate, 1 small* • Pomegranate seeds, ½ cup* • Guava, 2 medium* • Starfruit, 2 medium* • Passion fruit, 3 fruits* • Watermelon, chopped • Cantaloupe, chopped • Orange, divided into sections or 1 medium* • Bitter orange, 1 medium* • Tangerine, 2 small* • Apple, sliced or 1 small* • Apricots, 4 small* • Grapefruit, divided into sections or ½ large* • Cherries • Grapes • Kiwifruit, 2 medium* • Mango, sliced • Peach, sliced or 1 large* • Plum, 2 small* • Pluot, 2 small* • Nectarine, sliced or 1 large* • Pear, sliced or 1 large* • Pineapple, chopped • Banana, ½ large* • Green banana, ½ large* • Dwarf red banana, 1½ small* • Breadfruit, 1⁄8 small* • Papaya, chopped • Figs, 2 small* • Honeydew melon, chopped • Pumpkin puree • Salsa (store-bought) • Tomato sauce (plain or marinara) • Applesauce (unsweetened) • Jackfruit (raw in water), ½ cup
Proteins Red Container:
• Vegan Shakeology, 1 scoop*^ • Organic tempeh^ • Organic tofu (firm)^ • Protein powder (hemp, rice, pea), 1½ scoops (approx. 42 g depending on variety)* • Veggie burger, 1 medium patty (≥ 16 g protein and ≤ 15 g carbohydrates per patty)* • Beans (kidney, black, garbanzo/chickpeas, white, lima, fava, pink, pigeon, etc.), cooked, drained • Lentils, cooked, drained • Organic edamame, shelled^ • Peas • Refried beans (nonfat) • Seitan
Carbs (Whole Grains) Yellow Container:
This is where you’ll find whole grains and the best sources of healthy carbs. Ideally, it’s preferable to get most or all of your yellow containers from Yellow A. • Quinoa, cooked • Rice (brown or wild), cooked • Corn on the cob, 1 ear* • Amaranth, cooked • Millet, cooked • Buckwheat, cooked • Barley (whole-grain), cooked • Bulgur, cooked • Oatmeal (steel-cut or rolled), cooked • Hominy, cooked • Popcorn (air-popped), 3 cups*
Carbs Part II (Starches) Yellow Container:
This container includes tubers and more processed grains, like pastas and breads. Remember, if you decide to skip this container, make up for it by eating a A Yellow A Container. • Sweet potato, chopped or mashed, or ½ small* • Yams (regular, white, tropical [batata]), chopped or mashed, or ½ small* • Plantains, sliced or ½ medium* • Water chestnuts • Cassava (yuca), 2 oz.* • Potato (russet), chopped or mashed, or ½ small* • Potato (red bliss or Yukon gold), mashed or 1 whole* • Parsnips, cooked • Pasta (whole-grain), cooked† • Couscous (whole wheat), cooked • Muesli/granola, ¼ cup*† • Crackers (whole-grain), 8 small*† • Cereal (whole-grain, low-sugar)† • Bread (whole-grain), 1 slice*† • Pita bread (whole-grain), 1 small (4-inch)*† • Waffles (whole-grain), 1 small (4-inch)*† • Pancakes (whole-grain), 1 small (4-inch)*† • English muffin (whole-grain), ½ muffin*† • Bagel (whole-grain), ½ small (3-inch)*† • Tortilla (whole-grain), 1 small (6-inch)* • Tortilla (corn), 2 small (6-inch)* • Rice cakes, 2 whole*
Healthy Fats Blue Container:
Avocado, mashed or ¼ medium* • 12 almonds, whole, raw* • 8 cashews, whole, raw* • 14 peanuts, whole, dry roasted* • 20 pistachios, whole, raw* • 10 pecan halves, raw* • 8 walnut halves, raw* • Hummus • Coconut milk (canned)
Seeds & Dressings Orange Container:
• Pumpkin seeds, raw • Sunflower seeds, raw • Sesame seeds, raw • Flaxseed, ground • Chia seeds • Hemp seeds • Pine nuts • Olives, 10 medium* • Coconut (unsweetened), shredded • Vegan Fix-/Fixate®-approved salad dressings
Oils & Nut Butters Teaspoon:
• Extra-virgin olive oil • Extra-virgin coconut oil • Flaxseed oil • Walnut oil • Pumpkin seed oil • Sesame oil • Cacao nibs • Nut butters (peanut, almond, cashew, etc.) • Seed butters (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame [tahini]) • Vegan butter spread • Vegan pesto
These are “free foods.” Eat as many of them as you’d like. • Water • Lemon and lime juice • Vinegars • Mustard • Herbs such as parsley, cilantro (fresh and dry) • Spices and Fix-/FIXATE-approved seasoning mixes • Garlic • Ginger • Green onion • Chile varieties (jalapeño, serrano, ancho, cascabel, pasilla, guajillo, habanero, etc.) • Hot sauce (Tabasco or Mexican only) • Pure flavor extracts (pure vanilla, peppermint, almond, etc.) • Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
This article goes over a Beachbody workout program called 21 Day Fix. Mainly talks about the food plan and list of what to eat for each meal in order to get into shape or lose weight. This is an effective method that has been scientifically tested by nutritionists, dietitians, trainers, doctors, nurses and other health care professionals who are passionate about helping people succeed with their fitness goals. They have created this plan through years of research so you can feel confident knowing it's backed by science! Let us know if you have any questions at all- we're happy to help answer them!