So you have had your baby which is great and now comes the fun part of keeping the well nourished. Even after pregnancy you still need to keep very close track of what you are putting in your body especially if you are going to be breast feeding.
So is it okay to drink Shakeology while Breastfeeding?
Beachbody always states to check with your physician before taking Shakeology when pregnant or breastfeeding which is correct. However, you simply need to bring in a picture or list of the ingredients and tell them what it is. Over 99% of woman that drink Shakeology before being pregnant continue drinking through pregnancy and while breastfeeding and they also have positive feedback.
It is okay to drink Shakeology while Breastfeeding if your Doctor first okays it. It is a supplement full of dense nutrients and vitamins that will help fill voids in your food. Where it may get a little different is you may have used for a meal replacement in the past where if you are pregnant you should be using for a meal replacement. Your doctor will let you know whether to use as a meal replacement while breastfeeding as well.
If you were drinking Shakeology throughout your pregnancy and your nutritional levels were all up to par with the Doctors expectations then I am pretty sure they will allow you to continue to do so. Again this will be up to your Pediatrician or OB just go off of what they say. If they say now ask about what you can have if you would still like to take some kind of supplement to fill any voids in your food.
What you do have to remember is that nothing replaces food so if your Shakeology is keeping you from getting the calories you need I would say definitely stop. You are going to have weird cravings and some things are going to make you sick that didn’t before. So even if you Doctor okays I would still be prepared for alternatives to getting your nutrients in like with prenatals along with folic acid.
Drinking Shakeology While Breastfeeding (Opinions Of Real Mamas)
We gathered opinions of actual moms that have breast fed and are Beachbody Members that either use or have used Shakeology. This way you don’t only have to take our word for it.
The information from curated from several different forums including Reddit and Beachbody Facebook Groups. The only thing we changed was any grammar/spelling that made it hard to read.
Real Mothers Take On Shakeology
1. Emily “Stopped after a week” – My little one didn’t take to it well, so is stopped after about a week. I didn’t take at all whilst pregnant.
2. Becca “Drank while pregnant and nursing” – I drank while pregnant and nursing without issues. It increased my supply. I would talk to your dr if you’re nervous.
3. Mia “Switched to vegan shakeology” – I found my baby tolerated vegan better, but other than that no problems with her and I nursed for 2 years so supply has been fine as well
4. Morgan “Felt great drinking it while breastfeeding” – My baby is almost 8mos and I started the vegan shake-o, plant based recovery, energize, and collagen almost 2 months ago and she has seemed to be great with it all so far. I was very skeptical about starting it while nursing (which is why i waited so long) but I’ve felt great doing so and she seems to be doing well too!
5. Kelly “No issues love it” – Yes! I started around 10 weeks maybe? No issues. Love it!
6. Tiffany “Protein made my baby gassy” – When I was nursing I noticed protein supplements made my baby gassy but then I found out she had oral ties and when I got them revised it was night and day different!
7. Maria “Going on 3 months with no issues” – No issues here 🙋🏼♀️ started maybe about 3 months and she’s 6 months now.
8. Alicia “2 kids no issues” – I drank shakeology while breastfeeding both my kids. All kids are different, of course, but mine never had any problems with that.
9. Shelby “Did with one and not the other had issues” – Unfortunately babies and our bodies are so different there’s no real way to know. I could with one and not the other. It’s expensive if it doesn’t work, but so worth it if it does. 😞. I get the struggle!
Maybe you know someone who has single serve packets that you can get and try it? I would say 3 days is a decent trial.
10. Samantha “Never missed a shakeology while breastfeeding” – I’ve been breast-feeding for 16 months now and not missed a shake each day. I have had no issues with it at all but everyone is different. I take my prenatal vitamins daily while nursing and drink a shake daily.
11. Corynne “3 kids in and no issues with Shakeology” – I’m 14 months in with #3 and drank shakeo while pregnant and since shortly after being PP. No issues with gas or milk production at all. Anything you can consume with one hand with a newborn around is a great option! My 14 month old would’ve drank all of mine today if I’d let him. He likes to have “sips” then gets angry when I take it way.
12. Alaina “I would suggest the vegan Shakeology” – I always suggest women doing the vegan options to avoid any dairy sensitivity or digestion issues a baby may have while breastfeeding. Also, ease in with a half scoop for about a week to see how baby responds, and work tour way up to a full scoop from there. It was a Godsend for me with my second. I went from eating pop tarts nursing my first (before I became a coach and started drinking ShakeO) to being able to sip on a shake for morning nursing sessions with my second. So much better and gave me the energy I needed when baby was taking a lot of those first feeding of the day nutrients.
13. Kimber “Milk production increased with Shakeology” – Every baby is different and your doctor may or may not approve. My children’s pediatrician approved it while I was breastfeeding my 3rd child. My milk production increased a bit once I started Shakeology 3 months after giving birth. I wish I had known about before!
14. Jackey “My son was gassy with protein shakes” – My son had issues with that when I was nursing. At the time I drank slimfast every morning (10 years ago) I had to cut it out and any dairy. Eventually when I switched to formula I had to use nutramigen. Then he was much better
You could tell he was gassy and uncomfortable and eventually a little blood/mucus stuff in his stool which is when I went to dr and he told me the problem. He may just be lactose intolerant. It could be what you’re eating or is there lactose in the shakes. I’ve never had
15. Chloe “My first has stomach issues so had to stop” – I tried with my first and it gave her belly has issues, so i refrained. When she was a year old and her gut a bit more established, we started letting her have sips, and then her own mini shakes, and she still loves it to this day at 7 1/2. My youngest, it didn’t seem to effect her. I drank it through my whole pregnancy with her, also, and through nursing, and then at a year old she started also having her own little shakes. Still one of her faves at 5!
16. Debbie “2 babies on it and completely fine” – I’m nursing and am fine and baby is fine. Breastfed two babies on it and both are fine! Love the convenience in the morning as my mornings are most hectic! Always check with your pediatrician and see what they think. But I personally have had nothing but positive things to say.
17. Brittany “5 years 3 kids no issues with Shakeology” – When I started beachbody 5 years ago I was nursing and I had zero issues. Now my girl was 6 months old and eating some solids and not newborn stage. Currently prego with baby girl #2 and doing shakeo and an on breastfeeding this one too hopefully same outcome
18. Jamie “9 months and no issues” – I did it from 3 mo pp to 12 month pp (breast feeding while Taking shakeology annoy 5 days a week) the days I drank it my milk went up … the days I didn’t … down! My baby is a strong little boy!
19. Doreen “2 babies and love Shakeology” – Me! I did with my first and current am with my second. No issues. I drink the vegan formula. My doctor approved it
20. Nikkie “No problems with last child” – I nursed and had shakeology the whole time with my last child. No problems for her or I with milk supply
We aren’t medical experts here so we are just going off of our personal experiences and those of others. Everybody is different and can react to foods and nutrients differently as well. This is why it is most important to start with your doctor. They will inform you on what your personal experience may be and what you absolutely need to do.
If you would like to see more opinions from Shakeology Moms that were using it while pregnant or breastfeeding you can check out our post “Shakeology While Pregnant” HERE.
Just like with most things when you are pregnant you really don’t want to introduce your body to too many things like for example if you exercised before pregnant it is probably okay to continue to do so as long as you physically are able. But you don’t want to push it harder then you were before being pregnant. This is mainly due to the amazing changes your body will be experiencing and your body now taking care of 2+ individuals. So please please be careful at all times and follow the advice of your OB.
Does Shakeology Contain Folid Acid?
Shakeology does not contain Folid Acid so if you are Pregnant and looking for Shakeology for a prenatal supplement make sure you ask your Doctor first. Take them a list or picture of the ingredients and let him know there is no Folid Acid. So you will need to get Folid Acid supplement to up that while pregnant.
Can You Drink Energize While Pregnant?
Most woman that drank Energize before being pregnant continue to do safer after they get pregnant. You would need to ask your doctor first, but you can just bring him a picture of the ingredients. Most of the time they will allow one caffeine beverage a day, which you can use energize for that beverage allotment.
Insanity alone will get you in massive shape some of these workouts you will literally burn through 1,000 calories! This is a great number but how does it compare to other activities like jogging and...
Collarbone pain can be unbearable and something you may need to have checked out by your doctor. If you have a past injury like I do it may just be some normal pain and aches unfortunately. I was 18...