Do you want to throw an unforgettable pajama party for any age? Look no further! In this article, we share the best pajama party ideas for all ages. Whether you are throwing a party for kids or adults, we have you covered! We share themes, foods, activities, and games that will make your party stand out from the rest! So put on your favorite pajamas and get ready to party!
Pajama parties are a great way to spend time with friends and family. These sleepover party ideas will help you throw the best pajama party ever! We share themes, foods, activities, and games for any age group so that your guests can have an unforgettable experience. Whether you want to host a pajama party for kids or adults, we have you covered with these helpful tips! So put on your favorite pj's and get ready to be creative!
What is a pajama party
A pajama party is a party where guests come dressed in their pajamas. These types of parties are typically sleepovers, where guests spend the night at the host's house. Pajama parties are a great way to have some fun and relax with friends and family. There are many different ways to make your pajama party unique and memorable. You can choose a theme, serve special snacks and drinks, or play games. And, of course, what's a pajama party without some relaxation time? You can set up a movie theater or provide some relaxing activities like spa treatments or massages. With these fun and creative ideas, your pajama party will be one for the books!
Why should you have one
Pajama parties are a great way to spend time with friends and family. These sleepover party ideas will help you throw the best pajama party ever! We share themes, foods, activities, and games for any age group so that your guests can have an unforgettable experience.
Whether you want to host a pajama party for kids or adults, we have you covered with these helpful tips! So put on your favorite pj's and get ready to be creative! A pajama party is the perfect way to relax and have some fun with your friends. It's a great opportunity to get together and enjoy each other's company. And, of course, what's a party without some good food? Below we've listed some fun snack ideas that will make your pajama party one for the books!
Who should have them
- Kids: pajama parties are a great way for kids to have fun and let loose. With a variety of games and activities planned, they will be sure to have a blast.
- – Adults: Whether you are hosting a hen party or just want to spend an evening with friends, pajama parties are the perfect way to do it. With a variety of drinks and snacks on offer, as well as games and activities, adults
How to plan for one
If you are planning to host a pajama party, there are a few things you will need to consider. The first step is to choose a date and time that works for everyone. Once you have that nailed down, it's time to start planning the fun!
One of the most important aspects of any party is the food. Be sure to plan a menu that everyone will enjoy. You can serve snacks, drinks, or even a full meal. If you're looking for some ideas, check out the list below!
Another important aspect of any party is the games. Be sure to have a variety of games planned for your guests to enjoy. You can choose games that fit the theme of your party, or just choose games that everyone will enjoy.
Finally, be sure to set up a space for your guests to relax. This can be a movie theater, spa area, or just somewhere they can lounge and chat. With these tips, you're ready to throw the best pajama party ever!
Ideas for all age themes, activities, and games for Pajama Party
- Movie Night – have a movie marathon get a poll going of movies to show or new movies people want to see. Have some backups just in case you change your mind. Get a movie projector they are very affordable these days. Get your living room setup with some dimmed lights with lots of popcorn and snacks.
- Pajama party games – get a variety of games that can be played from the comfort of your pajamas like Twister, Jenga or cards.
- Pajama fashion show – have everyone model their favorite pajamas and give out awards for best sleepwear.
- Makeovers – give each other makeovers with face masks, hair treatment and nail polish.
- Slumber party buffet – get a variety of snacks like chips, dips, pizza, cake etc. Have everyone bring their favorite sleepover snack to share.
- Themed pajama party – choose a theme like beach pajamas, super heros or different country pajamas and have everyone dress up!
- Spa pajama party – have a variety of face masks, nail polish and hair treatments ready to go. Lay out some comfortable robes so everyone can relax in style.
- Photo booth – set up a backdrop with fun props and take pictures all night long!
- DIY project – make something together like bracelets or something that everyone can wear home.
- Other games – karaoke, charades, trivia or a talent show are all great ways to keep the group entertained.
- Talent show – have each member of your party perform an act and give out awards like best singer, best dancer etc.
- Murder Mystery Party – setup a murder mystery game for everyone to play.
- Karaoke – break out the karaoke machine and sing your hearts out!
Pajama Party Ideas For Adults
- Decade Theme Party – pick a single decade like the 1970's and go to town with the theme. Get some hippie clothes, lighting, globe, music, etc. to make the party amazing.
- Dance Party – make it a dance party and have a DJ or play some music. You can even add in some lights and decorations to really get the party going. Make sure you have plenty of snacks, water, and drinks available for your guests!
- Glamour SPA Party – What could be more fun than getting pampered with your girlfriends? This pajama party idea is all about self-care. Have a manicure, pedicure and facial party! All you need are some cucumbers for the eyes, nail polish to do nails/toes in fun colors, some face masks and maybe even chocolate body spread.
- Classic Movie Night – this is a classic pajama party idea and it's always a hit. Pop some popcorn, get cozy on the couch with blankets and pillows and watch your favorite movie or TV show. You can even themed movies nights like chick flicks, action movies, etc.
- Board Game Night – break out the classics like Monopoly, Clue, or Risk. Or if you want something a little more modern, try games like Cards Against Humanity or Exploding Kittens. Just make sure there is enough for everyone to play!
- One Night Pajama Party In Favorite City – want to feel like you're on vacation without leaving your home? Have a one night pajama party in your favorite city! Pick a city that has someplace you've always wanted to visit and decorate accordingly. You can even cook foods from the area or have themed cocktails.
- Pajama Cook-Off – this is a fun way to get everyone involved in the party. Have a pajama cook-off and have everyone bring their favorite dish to share. You can judge based on taste, creativity or just how fun the dish is!
- Glow In The Dark – this is a fun pajama party idea for kids and adults alike. Turn off all the lights, put on some glow in the dark paint or accessories and have a blast! You can play games, listen to music or just hang out. Just be careful not to trip over anything in the dark!
- Horror Movie Night – if you're looking for something a little more intense, have a horror movie night. Pick out your favorite scary movies and get ready to be spooked! You can even add some creepy decorations like fake spiders or cobwebs to make the party extra scary.
Kids Only Pajama Party Ideas
- Indoor Campout – get the tents out, lanterns, flashlights and even some smores over the gas stove. You can push the limits of this as much as you want to. Great way to have a great time with the kids.
- Pajama Dance Party – get out the glow sticks and have a dance pajama party. You can even add in some decorations to really make it pop! If you don't want to be up all night long, then this is definitely not for you but if you do, then this will keep them busy until bedtime (or later).
- Movie Night – classic, but always a hit with the kids. Pick out their favorite movie or one you know they've been wanting to see and have popcorn and snacks ready to go! If you're feeling really ambitious, make your own theater seats out of pillows and blankets.
- PJ Day at The Zoo – what could be better than pajamas and the zoo? Have a fun day at the zoo with your friends or family wearing comfy clothes that are also stylish!
- Slumber Party Games – there's no party without games so plan ahead. Pin The Tail On The Donkey, Charades, Truth Or Dare, Hide And Seek…the list goes on. If you're looking for something more advanced, try playing Clue or Murder Mystery Party!
- Camping Out In The Backyard – this is a great pajama party idea if you have a backyard with lots of trees and grassy areas. You can set up tents and camp out under the stars! All it takes is some sleeping bags, pillows and snacks. And don't forget the marshmallows for roasting!
- Pajama Day At The Museum – another great pajama party idea is to go to your local museum. Wear your comfiest clothes and spend the day looking at all the interesting exhibits! You can even make it a contest to see who can spot the most things in each exhibit room.
- Make A Pillow Fort – this is a classic pajama party idea that never gets old! All you need are some sheets and chairs or couch cushions (and maybe some blankets if you want extra protection). Then, set up your pillow fort by hanging them from one another or making a circle. Have a movie marathon, listen to music or just hang out in your new fort!
- Silly Pajama Day – want to have some laughs? Then have a silly pajama day! Wear the craziest pajamas you can find and do fun activities all day long. This is also a great way to bond with friends and family!
- Board Game Marathon – this is the perfect activity for rainy days or when everyone has a case of cabin fever. Spend some time playing your favorite board games like Monopoly, Clue or Candy Land. You can also have an old-fashioned game night by playing cards instead!
Tips on how to make it successful
Pick a Theme – having a theme for your pajama party is a great way to get everyone excited and in the mood. It can be something as simple as pajamas and movies or something more creative like an indoor camping trip.
Plan Ahead – make sure you have everything ready to go before the party starts. This includes games, food, drinks and decorations. If you're short on ideas, there are plenty of pajama party games and activities online that you can use.
Set A Time Limit – pajama parties can last for hours on end, but if you want to make sure everyone gets a good night's sleep, set a time limit. This way, everyone will know when it's time to go home!
We hope these pajama party ideas have given you some inspiration for your next event! Whatever theme or activity you choose, we
Other things to consider when having a pajama party (foods, drinks)
When it comes to food and drinks for your pajama party, the options are endless! You can serve anything from pizza and popcorn to cake and cookies. If you're looking for something a little more special, try serving a themed dinner like breakfast or tacos. And don't forget the drinks! Serve everyone their favorite beverage or have a themed drink like root beer floats or milk and cookies.
List Of Supplies:
- Rice Crispy Snacks
- Pizza (frozen or delivered)
- Tacos (homemade or pre-made)
- Breakfast food – eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, french toast, waffles, lots of syrup, orange juice, coffee
- Candy – candy bars, sour patches, skittles, all the stuff you would find at a movie theater
How To Decorate For Pajama Party
You can go all out and also keep it cheap. Cheesy can be better for a pajama party that is for sure. So get the holiday lights out and go to town.
List of possibilities:
Lights – white lights, fairy lights, anything that creates more of an ambient atmosphere.
Party props – fans, streamers, pom poms, etc.
Balloons – lots of balloons get some people to help you can do some helium but just hang them from everywhere.
Pillows and blankets – get pillows and blankets from everywhere in the house and bring them into the living. Get them from your family and friends can never have enough for a pj party sleepover.
Tents – Get the camping gear out and get it setup in the living room and all throughout the house if you want. Will make it so much more fun.
Games and Activities To Keep You Busy
- Photo Booth
- Projector for movies
- Arts and Crafts – painting supplies
- Baking Supplies – make up some cake, cookies and cupcakes
- Pillow Fighting – get a good old fashioned pillow fight going
- Dance Games – games like dance centeral on Xbox can make for a fun night
- Video Games – if you guys like games especially the kids can even do Disney Themed video games
- Wine Tasting
Great Games For A Party
- Pin the Tail on the Donkey
- Telephone Tag
- Truth or Dare (and do it right)
- Card Games
- Video Games
We hope these pajama party ideas have given you some inspiration for your next event! Whatever theme or activity you choose, we hope it will be memorable and fun. Be sure to include the key ingredients of a successful slumber party like decorations, games, food and drink options, and more in order to make this night unforgettable.