Being a vegan can be very hard these days because finding out what is in food products can be nearly impossible along with where they are manufactured, etc. So hopefully we can help you get one thing out of the way with Beachbody Energize being vegan and overall product quality.
So is Energize vegan or not? Beachbody's Energize is vegan-friendly. Well vegan friendly what the heck is that? Well it isn't certified began, but they do claim in writing that it is not formulated with animal-derived ingredients. Beachbody does seem to be a reputable company so it is up to you to take their word on it or not.
However we weren't satisfied with that so we scoured the internet, forums, sites, and other data out there to get you the information from consumers that are both affiliated and not affiliated with Beachbody. Well I guess in a sense if they tried Energize they are somewhat affiliated with them, but we tried to find as much that weren't coaches or making money from actually selling the product.
Is Energize Really Vegan Friendly? Opinions From Real People
As stated we searched different sources, fitness forums, websites and those that are and aren't affiliated with Beachbody to find all the answers that you need to get to the bottom if Energize is for you or should you look for alternatives.
- Krista Maguire (Beachbody Expert) – claims yes
- Jlnemt13 (Allergic Reaction – Celiac) – “So. I've been using Beachbody's energize pre-workout which has been AMAZING for me. Problem? I have Celic disease and the little bit of cross contamination has been causing my painful itchy rash on my arms (very noticeable too) so my fianc� has insisted I find a new pre-workout since I'm doing damage to my internal organs too. I have so much energy during my workouts with energize, so I need something comparable. Any one have an suggestions? My pre workout helps me run 3miles daily 5x a week and 2x a week lifting. I need something that will work well!! Help??”
- Jingles123 – I have celiac did my research talked to bb and have had no issues. It works as good as any other pre-workout drink I have had before.
- Hisel7 – very basic seems to work great and I am a vegan. I don't like the fact it isn't certified but it does get the job done.
- PinkFlameGirl – Vegan Pre-Workout I love this
Energize Plant Based Alternatives (Certified)
These are some of the best on the market compare prices to energize. If you are a coach and get a discount with Beachbody, Energize may be the best thing. But there are higher quality products on the market that can get the job done as good or better.
- PurePump (Pre-Workout Formula) – This is an amazing high quality product that is Vegan friendly, Non GMO and no artificial sweeteners. Personally I found the taste horrendous but overall it does work great and it does seem to be backed by third party testing. If you like all natural this is definitely something to try out. They claim to be the only natural pre workout supplement that is CERTIFIED both Vegan and Keto. Made in the USA as well. I have heard great things about other “Do Vitamins” products as well. It is a little more on the pricier side so if you are just starting out and don't want to spend too much this may not be for you.
- USDA Organic Muscle (Pre-Workout Formula) – This also is an amazing high quality product. Taste is much better I don't feel it is as strong as PurePump but still gets the job done. If you haven't taken a pre-workout before you can definitely start here. It is organic, Non-GMO, Paleo friendly, Gluten Free, Plant Based. Comes in different flavors that include Lemon-Berry (our favorite), Passionfruit Guava, and Strawberry Mango. They claim to be the #1 rated organic natural vegan pre workout supplement. Where this one differs they do have a 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE which I don't believe PurePump does. A little bit cheaper for those wishing to spend less.
- Nature's Pump (Plant Based Pre-Workout) – this is a newer one that has a bit extra in it as it is also considered a Brain Nootropic and also for recovery. They claim to give natural energy along with recovery. We haven't personally tried it but do know people that like it. We will try in the future and report back. It is Vegan, NON GMO, Gluten Free, Soy and Dairy Free. Also sugar free and low carb. Flavor is pretty good so that is a big plus. The downside is it comes in 20 servings so if you are working out 5 days a week it will last you a month. However for the price it seems you get a bit less then most competitors.
What Are The Ingredients In Beachbody Energize?
Beachbody Energize is actually minimal in its ingredients and that is not a bad thing but that of course depends on the price and quality. Overall we believe this product has great quality ingredients however it could definitely be better with the amount of each ingredient.
- Green Tea
- Beet Sugar
Does Beachbody Energize Have BCAAs?
No Beachbody Energize does not have BCAAs the Beachbody Recover supplement does however. Many studies show BCAAs are more effective when taken after your workout.
Does Beachbody Energize Have Caffeine?
Yes Beachbody Energize does have a low dose caffeine from green tea that is meant to have less of a crash that you usually get after having caffeine.
Although we do love Energize I do thing there are better products out there on the market that are Vegan. And to be honest the market is very narrow in the Pre Workout Vegan supplement area. So if you are looking to get into the supplement business or expand this could be an area to go with your future product.
It is not certified so you are taking a risk if you have side affects from non-vegan products. In that case I would also go with a different product and you will pay more but you do get what you pay for with most of these products.
If you are a Beachbody coach then it is a no brainer to try. If you are just a customer of Beachbody ask your coach for a sample if you want to try for free. Even if you are not a member of Beachbody feel free to ask somebody in the community including us here at Healthyforbetter. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This isn't a product you have to take for weeks to get results. You can figure out if it works with a one day sample as you take it and in 30 minutes either it works or not. As far as the vegan side of it you can see that some people had some affects and this may be due to some cross contamination at the manufacturing area. Hopefully they do get certified at some point.
Our personal experience I would say it gives you a definite kick in the butt one of the side affects we had is it turns your face pretty red and feels a little tingly. But in my experience with pre-workout supplements they have always done this too me. I can relate the affects to a supplement called NO-XPLODE.