Warm weather means time spent playing outdoors with friends and family. And what could be more fun than a good old-fashioned water balloon fight? These games will keep your kids active and entertained all summer long!
These days with the age of video games and such it is tough to get kids off the couch and outside to play. I think one of the best thing you can do for your child is have a summer filled with physical activity. What better way to do that then with some fun water balloon games?
Water balloons are such a versatile toy. You can fill them up with just water or mix in some food coloring for a festive look. And if you are looking to buy some, I highly recommend these Tie-Dye Water Balloons – they tie themselves and come in a pack of 100 so there is plenty for everyone!
Now on to the games…
- Water Balloon Dodgeball: This game is just like dodgeball, but with water balloons. One player is it, and they throw balloons at the other players. If you get hit, you’re out. The last player standing wins!
- Water Balloon Soccer: This game is played just like regular soccer, but using water balloons instead of a ball. Be careful not to break any windows or lamps with your shots!
- Water Balloon Baseball: This game is just like regular baseball, but with water balloons. You can either use a real ball or a balloon for the pitcher. If you hit your opponent with the balloon, they are out. The last player standing wins!
- Capture the Flag REDUX: In this game, each team has to capture the other team’s flag and bring it back to their own base. But be careful, because the other team can shoot water balloons at you while you’re trying to capture the flag!
- Water Balloon Toss: This is a simple game that can be played with any number of players. Players stand in a line and toss water balloons to the person next to them. The game is over when someone drops a balloon.
- Water Balloon Piñata: This game is just like regular piñata, but with water balloons. Hang a water balloon from a tree or other high place and have players take turns trying to break it open with a stick or bat. Be careful not to get wet!
- Water Balloon Volleyball: This game is just like regular volleyball, but with water balloons. You can use a real ball or a balloon for the net. If you hit your opponent with the balloon, they are out. The last player standing wins!
- Marco Polo: In this game, one player is it and they close their eyes and count to 20. While they are counting, the other players run around and try to hide. Once the it player has counted to 20, they yell “Marco!” and everyone else yells back “Polo!” The it player tries to find all of the other players by tagging them. If you are tagged, you are out. The last player standing wins!
- Water Balloon limbo: This game is just like regular limbo, but with water balloons. Players have to go under a line of water balloons while holding one in their hand. If the balloon pops or you drop it, you’re out. The last player standing wins!
- Hula Hoop Water Balloon: This game is just like regular hula hoop, but with water balloons. Players have to keep the balloon in the hoop for as long as possible. If the balloon pops or falls out of the hoop, you’re out. The last player standing wins!
- Water Balloon Tug of War: This game is just like regular tug of war, but with water balloons. Players have to try and pull the other team’s balloon across the line. The team that pulls the other team’s balloon all the way across the line wins!
- Water Balloon Spoon Race: Place the water balloon on a spoon and dash to the finish line. The first person to the end with an intact balloon wins!
- Water Balloon Squat Relay: The kids will enjoy this relay race, where they dash to the finish line (perhaps a hula hoop) and sit on the water balloon – popping it – before returning.
- Water Balloon Toss: Toss a water balloon from one person to the next, gradually moving further and further apart with each throw.
- Water Balloon Volleyball: Divide a group into two teams on either side of a line, net, hose etc… Give each team a sheet or towel to toss the water balloon back and forth.
- Water Balloon Back-to-Back Race: Two or more children hold a water balloon between their backs and race to the finish line without breaking it. They must return to the start line if it bursts, as they cannot retrieve another.
- Water Balloon Hot Potato: The hot potato is a game that may be played in the same manner as conventional hot potato, but whenever the music has ended, the person who has the balloon must smash it over their head.
- Water Balloon Ring Toss: Choose one kid to hold a hula hoop and another to try to go through it for points.
- Duck Duck Splash: The chaser is the person who was chosen in Duck Duck Goose, but instead of breaking the water balloon on their own head, they break it on the other player's.
- Leaky Water Relay: Make a string of 10 to 20 purple or pink balloon “tossers.” Tie the strings together and hang in an area where everyone can see them. The kids race to fill a bucket with the leaking balloons by poking holes into each one. The team that fills its bucket first wins.
Summertime is a great opportunity to get active and have some fun with the kids. These water balloon games are sure to keep them entertained – and hopefully, a little bit wet! Have you tried any of these games? What’s your favorite? Let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. As always give the kids a reward at the end of the game whether it be a snack or refreshment.